Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The Pricing and Legal Project Management team supports partners with full spectrum strategic financial and business insights, including the creation and management of alternative fee arrangements, development of pricing strategies, and creative approaches to important business problems that impact client acquisition, retention, and profitability.
The Senior Pricing Analyst will develop, iterate, and utilize sophisticated pricing and profitability models to support partner pricing requests and other Pricing/LPM projects and initiatives. The Senior Pricing Analyst will work closely with others in Finance, particularly LPM, to further the team objective of implementing pricing and project management best practices and to ensure stakeholders are aware of the financial implications of pricing, process management, and staffing decisions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce sophisticated financial analyses using established and new, creative approaches.
- Run profitability analyses to assist partners with evaluation of fee proposals.
- Improve partners’ financial literacy through education on the business of law to effectuate optimal commercial decisions for client pricing proposals.
- Create sensitivity analyses to help partners understand potential impacts of changes in profit drivers.
- Support the development of team processes, checklists, knowledge repositories, and other critical infrastructure to enhance and accelerate the maturity of the Pricing/LPM function.
- Develop and articulate creative alternative fee arrangements that align incentives for clients and the firm.
- Prepare professional client-facing communications regarding pricing and financial performance.
- Contribute to the creation of matter budgets in collaboration with the Legal Project Management team.
- Assist with the development of predictive budgeting tools and implementation of new project management systems and processes.
- With guidance from the team, develop and apply an understanding of lawyer resources required to complete large transactional and litigation projects.
- Work with partners to build task-based budgets and project plans at the onset for critical client matters.
- Communicate progress on matters to stakeholders through various profitability metrics.
- Leverage the firm’s BI platform to facilitate the development and visualization of complex financial analysis.
- Provide thoughtful analysis and insights regarding firm financial performance, including identifying trends and recommending opportunities to maximize profitability or limit risk.
- Maintain awareness of pricing trends within the legal industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant financial analysis experience. Previous pricing or legal industry experience is required.
- Experience with SQL and legal billing systems (Aderant) is strongly desired.
- Advanced financial analysis and modeling skills.
- Extensive experience creating and maintaining complex spreadsheets (creative use of formulas, macros, pivot tables) required.
- Experience in using data visualization tools (e.g., Microsoft Power BI) is desired.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
The primary location for this job posting is in Palo Alto, but other locations are also listed. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows:
San Francisco and Silicon Valley: $116,875 – $158,125 per year
Austin, Boston, Boulder, District of Columbia, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, Seattle, and Wilmington: $105,400 – $142,600 per year
Salt Lake City and all other locations: $93,500 – $126,500 per year
The compensation for this position may include a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now