Wilson Sonsini is the total package for attorneys, offering competitive compensation, market-relevant benefits, and an environment that encourages attorneys to do the best work of their careers.
We pay our attorneys a nationally competitive base salary in every office location, and we provide a substantial year-end bonus based on merit and performance. Beyond salary, we offer a number of benefits to help ensure your continued financial security.
- 401(k) retirement plan with retirement savings advice
- Referrals for student loan refinancing
- Bonuses from WS Investments—where the firm shares proceeds from investments in client-related opportunities
- Seminars on financial planning and wellness topics
- Referral bonuses when you help us successfully recruit new attorneys
Health and Wellness Benefits
Our core health and welfare benefits program includes
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life, accidental death, critical illness, accident, and long-term care insurance
- Health savings account with an employer contribution
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Income protection for short-term disability, including sick days and up to 12 weeks of medical leave pay
- Long-term disability insurance coverage
Your Business Expenses? Covered.
To make it easier for you to be successful, we take care of expenses related to your professional qualifications and ability to work. These include:
- Sitting for the bar exam
- Bar membership dues and continuing education
- Relocation for work
- Your wireless device and carrier
- Setting up your home office
It is important to occasionally disconnect from the pressures of work to maintain a healthy balance in life and preserve well-being. We encourage our attorneys to take time off to recharge, and we provide guidance and support in finding coverage to allow them to take a break.
Additionally, the firm provides billable hour credit for the first 40 hours of vacation time taken each year.
Benefits for New Parents
Many of our associates are at a stage of life where they are growing a family while building their careers.
If you decide to start a family, we want to make sure you are supported so you can continue to thrive—at work and at home.
We know that there are many paths to parenthood, and we want to support you in growing your unique family—your way. We offer a competitive reimbursement program that helps to cover expenses related to elective egg freezing, adoption, and surrogacy. Enhanced fertility coverage is also available through the firm’s medical plans.
You’ll receive up to 26 weeks’ time off following the birth or adoption of a child, including:
- 24 weeks of paid pregnancy and parental leave for the birth-giving parent
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for all other parents
Support for new parents includes:
- 24/7 web and mobile access to specialized newborn care consultants during the first weeks and months with your new baby
- Part-time schedule for those wishing to have a more gradual return to work
- One-on-one career coaching for working parents, including guidance on reentry following leave
- Center-based and in-home backup care for children 6 months to 12 years of age (up to 25 visits per family, per year)
- Milk shipping for nursing mothers traveling on business
Making Your Work Life Easier and More Enjoyable
Here’s how we try to make the going a bit easier:
- Business casual attire
- “Last-mile” car service for late-night commuters
- Evening meal program
- Reimbursement for standard home office supplies for hybrid and remote workers’ office needs
- Ergonomic evaluations to ensure the proper office set up
- Employee discounts for bank and credit unions, entertainment and cultural events, fitness and health companies, home equipment and services, retail products and services, and technology