This is an exciting opportunity to work in the firm’s Life Sciences patent group. Opportunities are available in our Boston, Boulder, New York, Palo Alto, San Diego, San Francisco/SOMA, Washington D.C., and Los Angeles offices. You will draft and prosecute patent applications, prepare patent opinion letters, provide IP counseling to clients, and conduct patent due diligence studies in connection with business transactions as well as supervise junior attorneys and patent agents as part of global client service teams. Associates learn from the best through early, hands-on experience and comprehensive training and development opportunities.
We want to hear from you if you have 1-4 years of patent prosecution law firm experience, patent bar membership, and a background in one of the following fields: cell or molecular biology, immunology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, cancer biology, pharmacology, biophysics, or digital health focused disciplines. Advanced degrees are required and prior patent agent experience is preferred. We also are seeking candidates with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills as well as superior academic credentials.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range of $215,000 – $295,000, based on year classification.
- Discretionary merit bonuses may also be awarded.
- Our benefits include:
- Work-from-home setup allowance
- Monthly wellness reimbursements
- 24/7 emotional and behavioral health support and virtual counseling
- Healthcare coverage for you and your same- or opposite-sex spouse/domestic partner and children up to age 26
- Family-building benefits including IVF, adoption, surrogacy, and egg-freezing
- Paid parental leave
- Parenting support concierge and telemedicine
- Parents and caregivers resource group
- Career coaching for working parents
- In-home and center-based back-up childcare
- Tutoring and college coach for older children
- Health Savings Accounts with firm contribution
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pretax commuter and parking benefits
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Voluntary long term care insurance
- Voluntary critical illness, hospitalization, and accident insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Firm-paid CLE, bar review fees, and bar dues