The Tax group has an opening for an associate with 5+ years of tax experience to join our national practice, which encompasses all areas of federal, state, and international tax law for technology, life sciences, and growth enterprises at all stages of development. This is a unique opportunity not only to support exciting tech and life sciences clients at all stages of their growth, but also to be part of a firm that values the kind of cross-departmental partnership that will help you build a strong and interesting practice.
Preferred candidates will have mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and corporate finance experience, and will also assist clients with equity financings, technology transfers, complex licensing and collaboration arrangements, and both domestic and international tax planning.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and great work ethic, and excel in a fast-paced environment. Superior academic credentials and excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required.
Candidates may sit in our Austin, Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., or Wilmington offices.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range of $345,000 – $415,000, based on year classification.
- Discretionary merit bonuses may also be awarded.
- Our benefits include:
- Work-from-home setup allowance
- Monthly wellness reimbursements
- 24/7 emotional and behavioral health support and virtual counseling
- Healthcare coverage for you and your same- or opposite-sex spouse/domestic partner and children up to age 26
- Family-building benefits including IVF, adoption, surrogacy, and egg-freezing
- Paid parental leave
- Parenting support concierge and telemedicine
- Parents and caregivers resource group
- Career coaching for working parents
- In-home and center-based back-up childcare
- Tutoring and college coach for older children
- Health Savings Accounts with firm contribution
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pretax commuter and parking benefits
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Voluntary long term care insurance
- Voluntary critical illness, hospitalization, and accident insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Firm-paid CLE, bar review fees, and bar dues