Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced HR Business Partner to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting a wide range of human resources functions, including employee relations, compensation planning, performance management, coaching and employee development. This position plays a crucial role in fostering a positive workplace culture, ensuring legal compliance, and supporting the well-being and growth of employees.
The HR Business Partner is a strategic and tactical liaison, bridging leadership objectives and the HR function. This role is responsible for aligning departmental strategies with HR programs to drive organizational effectiveness and stewardship of the employee lifecycle. This position will report to the HR Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct human resource initiatives to include talent management, employee relations, workforce engagement and workforce development to support the achievement of business outcomes.
- Partner with business leadership to proactively diagnose and identify future people-related business needs and translate into achievable action plans. Advise management on related risk, balancing legal requirements with business requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to managers on employee relations matters, such as performance management, employee engagement, and conflict resolution.
- Partner with HR Centers of Excellence to manage core HR processes and programs in support of business goals. Leverage shared service teams to enable execution of day-to-day human resource functions and maximize the effectiveness of HR delivery. Maintain broad influence through ongoing development of internal relationships across the organization.
- Engage in key business initiatives involving the design of organizational development strategies to enhance business performance through the facilitation of reorganization efforts, change management strategies and/or cultural alignment activities as needed. Oversee communication and change management efforts, ensuring a culture that enables employee development through effective information sharing at all levels of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with WSGR policies, processes and practices. Keep current on federal, state and local employment practices and labor laws.
- Use analytics to identify trends, make data-driven decisions, and measure the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years in human resources function: HR generalist or HR business partner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong influencing, problem solving, analytical, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to anticipate problems or challenges and be flexible in solving them.
- Proactive and positive thinker who is able to exercise good judgment, effective communication, and takes initiative.
- Professional demeanor and ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential matters.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience using Workday.
- Experience facilitating presentations in group settings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with HR teams.
- Attention to detail with the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
The primary location for this job posting is in Palo Alto, but other locations are also listed. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows:
San Francisco and Silicon Valley: $131,750 – $178,250 per year
Austin, Boston, Boulder, District of Columbia, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, Seattle, and Wilmington: $119,000 – $161,000 per year
The compensation for this position may include a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now