The employment litigation team at Wilson Sonsini has a uniquely broad practice. We are not a cookie-cutter employment department; it’s an exciting, varied, and collaborative practice working with cutting-edge clients ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 500 companies in technology, life science, green energy, and cleantech. On any given day, you might be conducting an internal investigation, advising on a spin-out merger, or preparing a brief. Mid-level associates in our practice work on significant litigation matters spanning the employment relationship, including trade secret misappropriation claims, covenants not to compete and other contract issues, and high-profile sexual harassment and discrimination matters.
Our Employment & Trade Secret group is excited to welcome qualified applicants with at least 5-6 years of experience in management-side employment law litigation and counseling. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience litigating employment law cases and providing day-to-day advice to fast-growing technology companies on all aspects of employment law (e.g., terminations, leaves of absence, reviewing and drafting policies), employment mobility issues (trade secrets, non-competes, and employee non-solicitation), and advising clients on employment-related issues in mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. We prefer candidates who are members of the CA Bar who will be resident in our Palo Alto, San Francisco, or Century City offices. In addition, the candidate must have excellent academic credentials and oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary range of $345,000 – $370,000, based on year classification.
- Discretionary merit bonuses may also be awarded.
- Our benefits include:
- Work-from-home setup allowance
- Monthly wellness reimbursements
- 24/7 emotional and behavioral health support and virtual counseling
- Healthcare coverage for you and your same- or opposite-sex spouse/domestic partner and children up to age 26
- Family-building benefits including IVF, adoption, surrogacy, and egg-freezing
- Paid parental leave
- Parenting support concierge and telemedicine
- Parents and caregivers resource group
- Career coaching for working parents
- In-home and center-based back-up childcare
- Tutoring and college coach for older children
- Health Savings Accounts with firm contribution
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pretax commuter and parking benefits
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Voluntary long term care insurance
- Voluntary critical illness, hospitalization, and accident insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Firm-paid CLE, bar review fees, and bar dues