Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The firm is seeking a Senior Account Manager. This is a senior level role for an outstanding individual contributor to support the Litigation Department as a member of the Finance and Revenue teams. This position will be responsible for managing key client account portfolios and will interface extensively with clients, partners and firm senior management. Highly experienced candidates with a track record of supporting high profile client and partners are encouraged to apply.
- Serve as primary representative of Finance Department for key client accounts and senior Litigation Department partners
- Manage revenue of client accounts portfolio, including billing, ebilling, collections, accruals / budgeting, client service and collaboration with partners
- Proactively research, identify and take necessary steps to resolve obstacles to prompt, high quality billing that is compliant with client billing guidelines, and to reduce the length of revenue cycle for target accounts
- Negotiate special payment arrangements and timely follow-up according to established schedule in line with the Financial Policies of the Firm
- Provide commercial analysis, insight and advice to attorney teams and assigned partners regarding client service, and financial performance in terms of client revenue and realization
- Minimum of 7 years prior experience in high volume/dollar, automated, law firm finance role, including billing or collections
- Expert level experience with billing and ebilling
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytical and negotiations skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be client service focused
- Experience with Aderant or other legal finance software required
- Advanced in Excel and Word
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
The primary location for this job posting is in Palo Alto, but other locations are also listed. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows:
San Francisco and Silicon Valley: $116,875 – $158,125 per year
The compensation for this position may include a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now