Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced Trademark Litigation Executive Assistant to join our Trademark & Advertising group. This hybrid position will support multiple attorneys (including two partners) and offers a broad range of responsibilities that will require trademark prosecution, litigation, administrative, organizational, leadership and legal practice skills and knowledge. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well under pressure, has a professional demeanor, good judgment, and is a self-starter.
- Assist attorneys with trademark prosecution, enforcement and litigation matters with the USPTO and TTAB
- Maintain all aspects of the attorneys’ practices including entering and proofreading time entry, travel arrangements, expense reimbursements, invoice processing, maintaining, and updating calendars, meeting coordination, client billing, tracking CLE requirements, renewing bar memberships, and other administrative duties
- Professionally communicate with clients, agencies, and foreign and opposing counsel
- Coordinate and communicate with internal departments regarding practice management
- Oversee and manage revisions to client prebill narratives and interface with accounting
- Assist with new client intake including conflicts and drafting engagement letters
- Create, format, proofread, and edit documents
- Set up and maintain document workspaces and serve as file keeper for case matters
- 3+ years of Litigation Legal Administrative Assistance (Trademark Prosecution a plus)
- Must have experience in supporting multiple attorneys, including partners
- Experience with law firm billing processes
- Substantive knowledge of Federal agency and court filing, including e-filings with TTAB
- Must be reliable, proactive, resourceful, and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work with different levels of staff, attorneys, and clients
- Keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to confidently manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure, and maintain a professional demeanor
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel required (experience with NetDocs, Chrome River, and WebTMS a plus)
The primary location for this job posting is in Seattle. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $32.37 – $43.79 per hour.
The compensation for this position may include overtime and a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now