Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The firm is seeking a Temporary Billing Services Representative to join our growing Client Accounting team for approximately 6 months. The primary function of the role is to prepare and edit prebills and generate client invoices for assigned attorneys.
- Coordinate and maintain billing portfolios for assigned Billing Attorneys.
- Review time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates and compliance with attorney/client/e-billing guidelines.
- Follow up with attorneys and/or secretaries to ensure timely return of prebills.
- Process all prebill revisions, including edit, transfer and write-off of time, and ensure timely and accurate preparation of client invoices.
- Application of internal policies and procedures related to billing adjustments and other special billing requirements.
- Distribute invoices to clients via mail, email or e-billing, as required.
- Monthly review and follow-up on WIP aging to ensure that matters on hold are clearly noted and are billed as soon as possible once completed.
- Monthly review of Unapplied and Retainer accounts and timely application of same to client invoices.
- Maintain record of special billing instructions for attorneys and clients.
- Respond to attorney and client billing requests and inquiries.
- Special projects as required.
- Billing or accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Law Firm experience and proficiency in Aderant or other legal billing software is a plus.
- Understanding of electronic billing a plus.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to assess information, anticipate issues and outcomes and to make effective decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize time, prioritize workload effectively, and work independently.
- Team player.
- Customer service focused.
The primary location for this job posting is in Palo Alto, but other locations are also listed. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows:
San Francisco and Silicon Valley: $27.79 – $37.60 per hour
Austin, Boston, Boulder, District of Columbia, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, Seattle, and Wilmington: $25.01 – $33.84 per hour
Salt Lake City and all other locations: $22.23 – $30.08 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now