Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
This position is available as a fully remote opportunity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires a dynamic individual with extensive expertise in database architecture, automation engineering, and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) reporting. Duties include playing a critical role in designing/optimizing database systems, implementing automation solutions, and delivering impactful SSRS reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Architect, implement, and maintain robust and scalable database structures.
- Employ advanced techniques such as indexing, partitioning, and performance tuning to optimize database performance.
- Uphold data integrity, security, and availability across all database environments.
- Utilize Azure SQL experience to enhance and optimize cloud-based database solutions.
- Develop and deploy automation solutions to streamline processes and enhance operational efficiency.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify and automate manual tasks, fostering productivity and minimizing errors.
- Implement and manage Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for seamless database changes.
- Leverage strong SSRS skills to craft, modify, and optimize reports aligned with business requirements.
- Engage with stakeholders to comprehend reporting needs and translate them into effective, visually appealing SSRS reports.
- Ensure the availability and optimal performance of SSRS reports through proactive monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Monitor and analyze database and report performance, identifying and resolving bottlenecks.
- Collaborate with system administrators to ensure the optimal configuration of database servers.
- Implement industry best practices for database and report performance optimization.
- Document database architectures, automation workflows, and SSRS report specifications.
- Provide comprehensive training and support to team members on database-related technologies and SSRS report development.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
This position requires a minimum of 7 years of experience in database architecture, automation engineering, and SQL reporting services. Previous finance experience within a law firm or professional environment (preferred).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Database Architect and Automation Engineer.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including SSRS.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages for automation (e.g., PowerShell, Python).
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and practices.
- Demonstrated experience working with Aderant, including understanding its database structure and functionality.
- Ability to integrate Aderant data into broader database architectures and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of Aderant customization and configuration for optimizing workflow and data retrieval.
- Experience in Aderant
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Azure SQL experience for cloud-based database solutions
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
The primary location for this job posting is in Palo Alto, but other locations are also listed. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows:
San Francisco and Silicon Valley: $131,750 – $178,250 per year
Austin, Boston, Boulder, District of Columbia, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, Seattle, and Wilmington: $119,000 – $161,000 per year
Salt Lake City and all other locations: $105,400 – $142,600 per year
The compensation for this position may include a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now