Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The firm is currently recruiting for a Regional IT Coordinator (RITC). This role will be under the direction of the Regional IT Support Manager (West Coast), is responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient level of IT Support is provided within their Regional Office; including but not limited to, deployment/repair/moves of computer hardware, phone set up and support, software related issues, conference room/video conference set up, maintaining positive relationships with the Office Manager, and managing members in the office. This role will also include supporting other national offices with occasional travel as needed. Overtime may be required of this position.
- Field incoming support requests from employees in a courteous and timely manner
- Provide onsite and remote support for network, hardware and application issues
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems, applications, data backup and restore
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to requests
- Assist in maintaining and controlling all IT inventory
- Perform setup, break down and cable management of user workstations
- Participate in identifying and researching firm hardware needs
- Play an integral role in the successful implementation of firm IT initiatives
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, directed, attention to detail and highly organized
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including PC and Apple products
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 10 and Sierra/High Sierra iOS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and strong documentation skills
- Ability to work well with a team or individually to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Must be able to lift/move equipment up to 40+ pounds without assistance.
- Available for after-hours support as needed
- Experience with mobile devices (android, iPhones, iPads, etc.) preferred
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- This person will be a member of the firm’s IT team. The firm will look for the below specific skills:
- Previous experience as a hardware tech
- Experience in network management and help desk support is preferred
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- A+ Certificate and other certs encouraged
- Flexibility to working hours, with possible weekends, early mornings, and late nights
- Law firm experience is a plus
The primary location for this job posting is in San Diego. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $33.10 – $44.78 per hour.
The compensation for this position may include overtime and a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now