Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The Project Design Manager of Workplace Design & Construction supports the design and construction of new offices, expansions and renovations for the firm’s domestic and international offices. In addition to working with the in-house design team, this position works closely with the architectural design firm and general construction contractor for each tenant improvement (TI) project. The position requires understanding of a variety of technical disciplines and their interrelationships including architecture, spatial design, building engineering, IT, and construction management.
Must be familiar with architectural/engineering drawings, building materials, power/data systems, HVAC, AV infrastructure for conferencing, construction processes and furniture specification. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills to drive effective internal and external communications are essential to this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate and provide input in design development meetings with the architectural design firm and WSGR team members for new or renovated office space.
- Review architectural documents to ensure that drawings are complete; provide comments, corrections, clarifications, etc.
- Coordinate audiovisual design of conference spaces with WSGR IT group, AV contractor, architectural design firm and construction contractor.
- Meet with departmental managers to determine program requirements for their work spaces and provide these details to architect.
- Assist with coordination of furniture in the architectural drawings, e.g. core drills, lighting placement, power/data, etc.
- Assist with selection of building finishes as recommended by the architect and furniture specification as recommended by the in-house team.
- Participate and provide input in construction project meetings with the general contractor, architectural design firm and multi-disciplinary WSGR team members to oversee the buildout of new or renovated office space.
- Review construction submittals and RFIs with the architect as needed to advise on millwork details, building finishes, lighting specification, etc.
- Coordinate with appropriate departments the development of specialty drawings, i.e. security, firm maps, signage, evacuation, printer select, etc.
- Oversee the compilation of binders for the design library with building finishes and furniture POs/finishes for newly constructed offices.
- Organize/oversee filing of computerized drawings, documents and submittals for projects.
- Oversee the compilation of closeout documents for each project and review internal records for accuracy.
- Coordinate redesign of existing spaces that entail office furniture reconfigurations and layouts of equipment.
- Travel to project sites as needed to review existing conditions, chalk lines, construction progress, and resolve issues.
- Complete initial test fits for perspective locations and modifications to existing.
- Update drawings and data in CAFM system (SpaceIQ).
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Related bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Auto CAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Knowledge of Sketch-Up is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of CAFM software is required and experience working with it is desirable. Knowledge of SpaceIQ is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret architectural drawings, specifications and schematics, and prepare markups that communicate well with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external parties, and communicate essential information needed for decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of firm personnel as well as contractors and vendors.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and meet established deadlines is required, as is the ability to manage confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Superior analytical, attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and creative individual with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to own a project and work as a leader amongst a team to ensure project requirements are met.
This role will have a hybrid work schedule. The primary location for this job posting is in Palo Alto. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $108,800 – $147,200 per year.
The compensation for this position may include a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now