Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The London office, since opening in 2018 is focused on offering Silicon Valley-style business and legal advice to UK and European tech companies. The team offers international experience to support the growth of such companies, from launching, scaling, and raising capital to exiting via M&A, IPO or otherwise, with a particular focus on UK and European tech companies exploring US expansion, fundraising or exit.
We are looking for a US qualified corporate lawyer with at least 3 years of relevant experience to join the corporate team in London, focusing predominantly on M&A transactions. Preferred candidates would have experience on M&A transactions, including drafting definitive transaction agreements and managing all other aspects of a strategic transaction. The candidate must have a strong desire to be a collaborative contributor in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment and to actively engage in helping to build a thriving corporate practice, including mentoring and training junior associates. Strong academic credentials, excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required. An energetic and creative problem-solver with strong client-management skills is also strongly desired.
- US-qualified attorney with at least 3 years’ experience (but no more than 6 years’ experience).
- Majority of time spent on M&A or other strategic transactions.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Commercially minded and solution driven with knowledge of market practice in tech and VC sectors a particular benefit but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of cross-border M&A (and associated issues) a plus but not a requirement.
- A JD and active membership of a US State bar is required.