Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The National Security Case Assistant provides substantive organizational, factual, research, analytical, and case management support to the National Security practice group. The Case Assistant works closely with attorneys specializing in Export Controls, Sanctions, and Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) matters, and ensures client service and satisfaction are attained in all areas.
- Draft, review, process and prepare documents related to U.S. Department of Commerce and U.S. Department of State deemed export license applications, export license applications, commodity classification requests, and annual reporting.
- Work with clients and government officials in order to prepare, submit, and follow-up on export and sanctions related filings and maintain related trackers.
- Review, process and prepare documents involved with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) U.S. Department of Treasury licensing.
- Monitor regulatory climate and amendments to U.S. Department of Commerce, OFAC sanctions programs, and CFIUS regulations via the Federal Register for proposed rulemaking/amendments.
- Research questions related to export and sanctions compliance and prepare presentation materials, alerts, memos, and other written analyses of these issues.
- Assist with due diligence and conduct screenings against sanctioned persons lists.
- Track entity and individual enforcement matters and penalty amount changes.
- Revise, review, and process Notice and Declaration filings to CFIUS at the U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Compile and organize information related to CFIUS filings and enforcement.
- Draft and assist with client alerts, firm publications and slide decks for client presentations and pitches.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from a top college or university
- Demonstrated interest in U.S. national security, foreign policy, international relations, and/or developments in technology and life science space
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively
- Ability to follow complex instructions with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
The primary location for this job posting is in Washington, D.C.. The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $22.07 – $29.86 per hour.
The compensation for this position may include overtime and a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now