Wilson Sonsini is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 1,200 attorneys in 19 offices: 14 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The firm is seeking motivated administrative professionals to join our newly created virtual Administrative Resource Team (ART) to provide core support to legal professionals. This position is a central hub for attorneys and executive assistants to request assistance, offering an important mix of administrative support services.
This position will offer a wide range of responsibilities requiring strong customer service, administrative, and organizational skills. Coverage will be provided for certain legal departments throughout the firm. Consistent training and skill development will be provided as needed.
This role can be either fully virtual or a hybrid working arrangement.
The shift for this position is 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.
- Navigation assistance for new attorneys regarding resources and contacts within the firm
- Receive assignments from legal professionals and perform tasks as requested; update requestors regarding receipt and status of tasks/projects and consistently meet agreed upon deadlines
- Time-entry support based on handwritten, email, or voice notes
- Travel arrangements
- Prepare business expense reports in a timely manner
- Arrange for payment of vendor invoices or checks to be drawn and charged to appropriate client/matter numbers
- Confirm status of vendor payments
- Process court admission fees and memberships, as well as CLE paperwork
- Basic document management in Word, PowerPoint, Excel (creating, revising, editing)
- General research (non-legal)
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal clients
- Proactively keep abreast of firm resources, contacts, and subject-matter experts to provide alternative solutions when a request cannot be fulfilled via the designated Administrative Resource Team, or can be fulfilled more efficiently through an alternative resource
- Additional practice-specific support services as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Display well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees at all organizational levels of the firm
- Demonstrate the ability to take initiative and work both independently and in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Possess the ability to work with staff and manage attorney expectations, as well as the ability to handle confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information with appropriate discretion
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, and produce accurate work product in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, initiative, good judgment, and excellent follow-up skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with a professional demeanor
- Possess excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate well in a team setting
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities
- Proactive in seeking innovative ways to help others and the ART program
- Determine most appropriate technology to accomplish a given task and seek ways to utilize technology to improve efficiency
- Experience working in a law firm or professional services environment preferred
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel) and PDF programs, and the ability to learn new software applications quickly
- 3+ years of previous administrative support experience preferred
- Proficient in NetDocuments or similar document management system
The primary location for this job posting is in Virtual (New York). The actual base pay offered will depend upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the selected candidate’s qualifications, years of relevant experience, level of education, professional certifications and licenses, and work location. The anticipated pay range for this position is as follows: $37.33 – $50.5 per hour.
The compensation for this position may include overtime and a discretionary year-end merit bonus based on performance. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Benefits information can be found here. Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).Apply Now